Sunday, January 27, 2008

Changing My Mind

After giving further thought to what I heard Obama say last night, I have come to the conclusion that Edwards should drop out of the campaign before Super Tuesday, and give his personal endorsement to Barack Obama. Obama's South Carolina victory speech may be the best political speech I have ever heard - not only for what he had to say, but also, in the context of an ugly campaign in that state, for how he said it.

As always, he was classy - he didn't even mention Hillary or Bill in his remarks. Though he took apart their arguments and turned them around to build a positive case for his own candidacy, his purpose was clearly not about bashing them as it was selling us on his view of how we should go forward as a nation.

John Edwards, Joe Biden - even Hillary Clinton - would have made a good President. But I am now convinced: Barack Obama is the best candidate for President in 2008.

Neil

No comments: