Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Obama's Infomercial



Jason Zengerle posted this Obama ad at TNR - he says it is more affecting than the infomercial. I couldn't agree with him more. Powerful stuff.

I watched the infomercial, and although it was very slick and very effective, I really don't much enjoy this sort of thing - the packaging of a candidate like soap flakes. It is demeaning to us as citizens - not a whole lot better than the Joe the Plumber shtick - and I feel like I am being played.

Even so, I am completely sold on Obama. I agree with him on the issues, and I admire his temperament, intellect and persuasive powers. If anyone can do it, he can.

I'll have more to say on the subject later on this week - maybe not till Saturday.

One thing I would like to put out there tonight - anyone else notice that the infomercial announced a change in Obama's tax cut? It has a ceiling of $200,000 now, not $250,000. Why isn't anyone talking about that?

No comments: