Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Private Personal Accounts

I have been trying to make sense of the President's proposal on social security. Originally, I heard there was going to be an ownership society and social security was going to be privatized.

Of course, I had no idea what that meant, but it sounded very good on TV -- you know those ten second clips they play..."The President campaigned in East Homophobe, Missouri today and was cheered by a large crowd who may have been left way behind at some point in their sorry-ass lives -- here'a a brief clip":

(picture flags waving and a band playing something patriotic -- now cut to the podium where the President is struggling to be heard above the din)

"...Ownership Society...blah blah blah...it's your money...blah blah blah....nukular weapons....Saddam Hussein,,,mushroom cloud...a man and a woman....9/11.....private accounts".

Everybody cheered. I don't really know for sure, but I think they mostly cheered because he wasn't that geeky guy from Massachusetts. Anyway, I don't think anyone there understood privatization, or personal accounts either, for that matter.

What I still don't understand is why he had to go and explain it to us now. He was doing so good up to that point.

It's like Iraq. He was doing so good with the whole Taliban thing in Afghanistan. Okay -- so he didn't get Osama, but nobody seems to care anymore. So why did he have to go and fuck it all up by attacking Iraq?
I don't get it at all. But there you go.

So now we know what he wants to do with social security, and basically what that is is a huge fucking disaster -- even worse than Iraq, I think. He seems determined to go down in history as the biggest moron not actually from Texas in our nation's short history.

And that is my privatized personal opinion.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have such a way with words. I really appreciate your posts, partly because I agree with about 99% of what you say and partly because they are so well written. Thanks for blogging.
Ereading7@aol.com